Sup chickadees,
Varanassi you ask? "Om" i reply. The Ganga!!! I'm sleeping only a few hundred meters from the burningGhats where the Varanassi dead are cremated. It takes 3hrs to cremate aperson and it cost about 4000 Rs ( $120Aus - a lot for the averagefamily). On my first day here i woke early to float a boat down theGanga river on the first day of the yearly Shiva festival. I witnessedhundreds of Hindis bathing and praying in the waters of the Ganga inGhats(big steps leading to the water) only 20 meters from where the ashof the dead is brushed into the Ganga.
I've also been to the place where Budha reached Enlightenment and fastedfor 6 months (Bodhgaya, Bihar, India), sipped tea in the English holidayretreat (Darjeeling) and walked about the Himalayas with Nepalis,Begalis, Bhutans and Tibetans.
me out
Zero

1 Comments:
Hey Zero,
I got your p/c a earlier in the week - possibly last week.
anyway, it didn't take too long to get to me.
Post a Comment
<< Home