Hi, it's me again. Kara and I returned to Nazareth today, 20 hours after we left Cairo. Strangely, no one mentioned we would have a six hour layover at the Taba-Eilat border crossing. After having our bags torn apart twice, body searched once and explosives checked three times, waiting listlessly in the middle of the night and trying not to look nervous when Israeli border personnel discover 'The Concise Dictionary of Modern Written Arabic' and a collection of Edward Said essays we were finally allowed into the country for a further month. Funnily enough, they still didn't discover my business cards or letters Kara was going to send for Egypt with her school's address on them. They did have a read of your letter Rol, but I don't think it made much sense. Once through, we had to convince our bus to wait for three friends of ours who happened to be on the same bus (who we had to tell everyone we did not know) for another two hours. It was a lot of fun, really. Oh, and before I left I had to give them my home address and phone number in Australia. I don't know why, but I gave them 482. So, if some official, suspicious, sneaky or otherwise unwanted character calls the house at some untoward hour, please pass the phone to Dewi. She can tell them I left Australia in April, and has only heard that I am loving travelling around Israel before going to America to meet Kara's parents. Sorry for the inconvenience all, and Dewi thanks for the package, it was awesome to come home to. I haven't opened it yet, but I know it is KWality.
Love youse,
Ali

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home