Wednesday, June 29, 2005

You orright then?

Hello and welcome to Ali's despatch...woo hoo.

Just before I start, well you know, like, *really* start my despatch, I just want to say one thing...I'm going to see Sage Francis tonight!!

Ok, hmm, where was I? O yes in bustling, happening, cultural capital London, where time starts (ever heard of Greenwich?) and (some) newspapers take great joy in printed pictures of topless girls on their inside front pages.

And it's alright, y'know, I've been here for two months - that's not including the wedding and the European jaunt with K and the parentals - and don't mind saying I have settled in quite nicely. Mind you, I don't understand the English fascination with sports they can't play, but I do like how the sun has been shining most days and the nights have been most long, despite what whineging natives say about the weather. That climate change / El Nino has really taken effect.

You may or may not have heard the truthful facts about my day to day existence here, so I will briefly explain for those who may be interested.

For one week every fortnight (it just so happens to be this week) I go to work at 11pm until 7pm at a media monitoring company. This may not sound glamourous. That is because it isn't. But I get paid adequately and get two weeks off a month, and in that time I intend to do glamourous things like jet over to Zurich to visit my one true love (very few have meet her - she is very glamourous, believe me).

I have actually been doing some loser things in my recent time off, embarrassing shit like working for free at the Observer newspaper, hanging around an online radio station, and planning to travel north to be present at the G8 Summit. Well, not actually *at* the Summit, just circling it like a vulture picking pieces of meat of a dying animal.

I will be moving house in the next couple of weeks, which doesn't actually change the fact that you all have an open invitation to crash with me in London. I wouldn't say I'm lonely per se, but when I view Theo's new website I get a little, how you say, over-emotional.

All my lovies, except for those I'm saving up,

Ali

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home